Before I write anything else, I apologize terribly for this blurry photograph. I recently quickly took this picture and then cut up the posters to make our Scrap Paper Christmas Trees.
The fun thing about this project is that it is something you will work on throughout the month of February. The green poster was our 2012 version and the blue poster was our 2013 poster. Learn more about what we did below.
- Poster board
- Construction Paper
- Various printed scrapbook papers
- Begin by cutting out a tree shape from brown construction paper and glue it to the poster board.
- Write a sweet Valentine’s Day phrase. The first year we wrote “We May Be Different but we share one thing… LOVE”. The second year we wrote “With Every Friend We Make Love Grows”.
- Cut lots of small hearts out of scrapbook paper. I use a die cut to get consistent hearts, but you can free-hand them as well.
- Hang the poster by your front door and place the hearts and a bottle of glue close by. Throughout the month of February, each time a new person enters your home, ask the person to add a heart to your tree. This is a great project for a classroom as well!