Yesterday we had a play date with one of our favorite “boy”friends, Brandon. I thought it would be fun for the kids to do a less girly valentine, and I was inspired by this You’re A Great Catch! craft I found on Pinterest.
- Multiple shades of blue and/or green construction paper
- 1 wiggly eye
- 3″ piece of yarn
- Fine-tip marker
- Cut two hearts (one large, one small) from dark blue construction paper. Cut 2 fins from a contrasting color construction paper.
- Glue the two points of the hearts together to a piece of light blue construction paper to create a fish. Glue the fins, one on top, one on the bottom.
- Glue the wiggly eye to the fish.
- Glue the piece of yarn vertically in front of the fish to represent the line. Draw a hook at the bottom of the string.
- Write a cute phrase in fine-time marker like “Valentine, you’re a real catch!” I realized afterwards that it would’ve been ‘punnier’ to spell it “reel”.
The kids had a lot of fun making this craft together!