Each month, I target a different monthly theme with my children. We read books, make crafts, and even play games related to that particular theme. In February, we highlight Valentine’s Day by learning about love, family, home, and friendship. However, February is also a time to celebrate the leaders of our nation for President’s Day. We’re all happy to get a day off of work/school, but we must remember why we’re home with our families. Here are patriotic craft ideas and great books for children of all ages.
This morning, we made the handprint flags above. All you need is paper, paint, and a cute little hand. So simple! You can embellish with glitter or star stickers to add more details. Looking for more great ideas? Find your inspiration below.
Click the links below for more detailed directions to recreate the craft ideas above:
1. Craft Stick White House by Spoonful
2. Hands Together by Rainbows Within Reach
3. George Washington Cotton Ball and Paper Craft by DLTK’s Craft for Kids
4. Barack Obama Paper Bag Puppet by Kids Creative Chaos
5. Presidents Day Masks by Lakeshore
6. Handprint Bald Eagle Craft by All Kids Network
Looking for patriotic books for children of all ages? Check out these books from Amazon! (*I shared these books as part of the Amazon Affiliate program.)