Halloween is a special time of the year, which means it’s okay to serve up some ghoulishly spectacular treats. Here are two frightfully-delicious Halloween recipes that will spookify your Halloween celebrations! The first recipe is a Surprise Mini Cheesecake. You’ll have to read below to learn about the scrumptious surprise. It pairs perfectly with my Bleeding Heart Punch. These are both great recipes to get your kids in the kitchen with you. My 4-year old daughter helped me prepare both recipes and had a great time.
To find great deals on the featured ingredients, click here!
Surprise Mini Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups of organic chocolate graham cracker bears
- 3 T organic butter, melted
- 8 oz. organic cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup organic sour cream
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 12 Mars Minis (Snickers, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Begin by gathering your ingredients.
- To make the crust, pour the chocolate graham cracker bears into a food processor and pulse. Add 3 tablespoons melted butter and continue to pulse until crumbs form.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Place about a tablespoon of the crumbs at the bottom of each liner. Press down to make a crust. Bake the crust in the oven for 5 minutes.
- To make the filling, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and eggs in an electric mixer until smooth. Use an ice cream scoop to place even amounts of filling over the baked crust.
- Remove the candies from their wrappers. Here’s where the surprise comes in…once the candies are out of their wrappers, they all look the same!
- Place one candy in each mini cheesecake.
- Push the candy down and tap the muffin pan on the counter to cover each candy with the cheesecake mixture. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until the surface feels firm.
- Remove the pan from the oven and chill in the refrigerator until the cheesecakes have completely set up. Bite into one, and enjoy the surprise treat inside!
Bleeding Heart Punch
- 7 Up
- Hawaiian Punch
- Organic strawberries
- In a blender, combine equal parts Hawaiian Punch and organic strawberries. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the pureed mixture into an ice cube tray. I actually used a silicone mold with hearts to make it extra spooooooky!
- Place the mold in the freezer until frozen.
- Place several of the ice cubes into a glass of 7 Up.
- Watch as your hearts bleed into the soda.