Sweet & Spicy Candied Bacon Recipe
Sweet & Spicy Candied Bacon is everything you enjoy about eating bacon for breakfast that may have gotten a sprinkle of maple syrup from your pancakes with the sugary crunch of a great peanut brittle and a little kick of heat.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 8 ounces of uncooked bacon
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 T real maple syrup
- 1 t whole grain mustard
- 1/2 t coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 t chili powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup, whole grain mustard, black pepper, and chili powder.
- Add your bacon to the bowl with the brown sugar mixture. Evenly coat each piece of bacon. Line a half sheet pan with aluminum foil, add a cooling rack, and place your bacon on the rack. This way, the fat will drop down to the bottom as the bacon cooks.
- Place your bacon in the oven for 15 minutes. At that time, flip each piece of bacon over and return to the oven for 10 mins. After 10 mins, flip the bacon over again and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Your bacon should look nicely caramelized. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
Keywords: bacon, candied bacon, spicy bacon