I decided earlier in the week that we needed a really colorful turkey. In fact, I decided to call him the “psychedelic” turkey. Simple project, great for preschoolers.
- Coffee filter
- Watercolor paints
- Orange, brown, and red construction paper
- Wiggly eyes
- Gather your materials.
- Begin by painting the coffee filter with watercolor paints. Use lots of water to get a tie-dye effect.
- Allow the coffee filters to dry. I placed them on an old towel to assist with the drying process.
- While the coffee filters are drying, assemble the body. I just free-handed the main body shape out of brown construction paper, glued the feet, beak, wattle, and wiggly eyes.
- When the coffee filters are dry, fold in half and attach to your turkey. How cute are these??